Attached, please find a letter from Alan Mayberry, the Associate Administrator for Pipeline Safety with the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA). The purpose of this letter is to briefly introduce a new PHMSA grant program entitled the Natural Gas Distribution Infrastructure Safety and Modernization Grant and to invite your input to ensure this grant program has the greatest impact.
PHMSA’s public website for this grant is located at: https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/grants/pipeline/natural-gas-distribution-infrastructure-safety-and-modernization-grants
PHMSA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for this grant will be published soon.
Please be aware a grant applicant must:
- Register with Grants.gov to receive the NOFO publication notice;
- Register with FedConnect; and,
- Register with SAM.gov (SAM) before submitting its application.
- Provide a valid Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) number in its application.
- Always maintain an active SAM registration and UEI with current information during which it has an active federal award or an application under consideration.
- Please see the attachment for more details on Grant.gov; FedConnect; and SAM.gov.
PHMSA strongly encourages potential grant applicants to complete the above requirements as soon as possible to avoid any delays in submitting an application for this grant.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the PHMSA Grant Team via PHMSAPipelineBILGrant@dot.gov.